Friday, July 2, 2010

GBGC #19: Oh L'amour. Still searching for answers

To tell you the truth, this episode of Grahamophone's Bad Guitar Channel did not come easy to me. I usually just go with the flow. It started out well enough, as I was fiddling around with the banjo one day and the famous Habanera melody from Bizet's Carmen just appeared under my fingers.

It didn't take too long to get Erasure's classic 80's hit to fit over top of it, either. Even the special sound effects from my beloved Garage Band seemed to flow effortlessly throughout the creation of the song.

When it came time to make the video, I must confess I had no plan -- not that I ever have a plan, but the ideas were just not flowing. That's when one needs to go back to the basics - the five W's of journalism. Who, What, Where, When, Why. And how!

(Special thanks to my camera men Oliver and Sebastian)

No comments:

Post a Comment